Technology has become a part of our everyday lives, and understanding how to function in environments that require the use of computers and the Internet is more critical now than ever before. So, whether you plan to pursue a career in IT, or simply become more effective with technology, IC3 Digital Literacy Certification is the place to start. Check out our new video on the latest version, Global Standard Six.
What you need to know
The IC3 Digital Literacy suite of products includes solutions that range from assessment to certification. Each certification exam covers at least 150 hours worth of course instruction and as a truly global standard, IC3 Digital Literacy is as comprehensive as it is diverse. With learning and practice solutions, assessment tools, and certifications specifically designed for a variety of ages and occupations, the IC3 Digital Literacy program is simply the best way to ensure that students and employees are prepared to succeed in a technology-based world.
CertPREP Practice Tests, powered by GMetrix
These performance-based assessment and test preparation tools help individuals achieve certification credentials. Many of your students will be anxious to assess their knowledge of applications prior to taking the certification exams. Additionally, we recognize the need for educators to properly assess an individual’s knowledge. Certiport provides CertPREP Practice Tests that are powered by GMetrix. These tests, with included reporting and insight features, ensure your students are adequately prepared to take their certification exam.
Practice tests available for:
- IC3 Digital Literacy GS6
- IC3 Digital Literacy GS5
- IC3 Fast Track
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 6
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 6 (GS6) is the latest version of the IC3 Digital Literacy program. This program has been restructured to address current computing concepts, including cloud and mobile technologies; to align closely with educational requirements and ensure learners of all ages can validate their understanding of Digital Literacy. IC3 Digital Literacy allows candidates to demonstrate their ability to select and use the appropriate research, productivity, collaboration, and communications tools, to find reliable information, create content, communicate safely, and identify credibility and bias in modern digital environments.
The new structure is a comprehensive set of stackable certifications across seven digital literacy domains. It is composed of three exams, each awarding its own certificate, that validate an understanding of each domain at the basic, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Level 1 measures knowledge of fundamental concepts and essential components.
- Level 2 requires a working knowledge of each of the seven skill groups.
- Level 3 validates an advanced understanding of digital literacy and indicates that the candidate has the technical foundation needed to advance successfully along their educational and employment paths and support the development of more specialized technological skills.
When a candidate successfully passes all three Global Standard Six certification exams, they are awarded the IC3 Digital Literacy Master Certification and a Master Badge which display an advanced understanding of the concepts and principles within the IC3 Digital Literacy program objective domains.
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 5
IC3 Digital Literacy Global Standard 5 (GS5) is a previous version of the IC3 Digital Literacy program. Like its predecessors, the GS5 certification is comprised of three exams: Computing Fundamentals, Living Online, and Key Applications. Certiport is committed to providing a truly global standard, and as digital standards and requirements advance, so does IC3 Digital Literacy. Best of all, because IC3 Digital Literacy includes concepts and skills that apply to almost any school or career pathway, it’s the ideal solution for any student or jobseeker looking to validate their digital skills.
With a focus on younger demographics, the IC3 Spark certification addresses the same foundational concepts as its precursor – the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification. While both certifications target issues arising from the increasing demands of technology, IC3 Spark is created for younger children who may be new to computers and the Internet, or who lack a solid foundation in digital concepts.
IC3 Spark objective domains
- Operating system basics
- What is an OS and what does it do?
- Manage computer files and folders
- Manage computer configuration, control panel, OS drivers
- Computer hardware and concepts
- Common computer terminology
- Types of devices
- Computer usage
- Computer software and concepts
- Software usage (using the right tool for the right task)
- Common application features
- Common features and commands
- Working with multimedia files
- Word processing activities
- Organizing data
- Spreadsheet activities
- Spreadsheet layout
- Data management
- Presentation activities
- Inserting content
- Slide management
- Slide design
- Internet vs. browsers
- Digital Communication
- E-mail communication
- Real-time communication
- Digital citizenship
- Communication standards
- Legal and responsible use of computers
- Safe computing
- Secure online communication or activity
- Research fluency
- Using search engines
IC3 Fast Track
IC3 Fast Track is a digital literacy skills assessment that can be used to gauge the skill set of incoming students or job candidates. Based on the globally recognized IC3 Digital Literacy Certification, IC3 Fast Track can help assess an individual’s ability to perform in any environment where the use of technology is required. Fast Track is available on the GMetrix learning platform.
IC PHP Developer Fundamentals
The IC PHP Developer Fundamentals exam is an entry-level certification designed to validate the fundamental knowledge of technology that candidates will need to pursue a career in software development. As the first step to more advanced coding certifications, IC PHP is the ideal starting point for any candidate who is interested in PHP coding, but who may have limited experience with programming or coding.
IC PHP Developer Fundamentals objective domains
- Development environment
- Web server and database MySQL/MariaDB
- PHP Fundamentals
- General notions
- Style programming
- Limitation structure of the data
- Manage the output of PHP script
- Conditional instruction of control and cycles
- Conditional statement
- Repetitive operations
- Complex data structures
- PHP code management
- Re-use the PHP code
- Functions for the variables management
- The functions for the management, comparison and string formatting
- The functions for the management of the complex structures of data
- The functions for the management of the dates
- Customized functions
- Send email in PHP
- Data recovery and check in an HTML form
- Data recovery by a form
- Data control form
- Maintain information in PHP
- The DBMS MySQL and MariaDB
- DBMS MySQL and MariaDB
- Management of the MySQLdatabase – SQL
- Interaction with I DBMS MySQL and MariaDB
Get in touch with us now to enquire about certification.